Pork Mushroom Fried Rice
For this Pork Mushroom Fried Rice recipe use half ground mushrooms and pork, along with flavorful Chinese inspired flavors.
Recipe courtesy of Denise of Chez Us.
Create A List
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 1/2 pounds of crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs, beat
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups of cold white rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin kosher salt
- black pepper
- Place 1 pound of the mushrooms into a food processor and chop to resemble ground meat.
- Thinly slice the remaining 1/2 pound and set aside. In a large wok or frying pan add the ground pork, and cook of medium meat, stirring often. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the ground mushrooms into the pork, stir and cook for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another minute. Place the mushroom/pork mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, there should be enough fat from the pork, add the beat up eggs and scramble over medium heat until light and fluffy. Remove and place the eggs into a small bowl. Add the thinly sliced yellow onion to the hot pan. If there is not enough fat left from the pork, add a little canola oil, about 1 tablespoon. Stir and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the onion mixture, stir and cook for another minute. Add the carrots, stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add the thinly sliced mushrooms, stir and cook until they are golden; about 3 – 5 minutes. Sprinkle the Chinese Five Spice over the mushroom mixture and stir. Stir in the frozen peas and cook for 1 minute. Remove the vegetable mixture from the pan and place into a bowl.
- Raise the heat of the stove to medium high, and add the 2 tablespoons of canola oil to the hot pan. Add the green onions and ginger. Stir, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cold rice, stirring, until the rice is lightly crisp, about 3 – minutes.
- Drizzle the sesame oil, soy sauce and mirin over the rice, stir and cook for another minute. Stir in the pork and vegetables, and cook for 1 minute. Lightly folding the ingredients together. Stir in the egg, and season to taste with salt and pepper.