Potato Breakfast Hash with Eggs & Mushrooms
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield 4 1x
A portabella mushroom blends seamlessly with the Italian sausage, while the peppers add color to the dish. Perfect for an everyday breakfast or weekend brunch.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 large fresh portabella mushroom
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 mild Italian sausages, removed from casing and crumbled
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, diced
- ¼ green pepper, diced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place portabella mushroom in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large non-stick, oven-safe skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, Italian sausage, onion and garlic. Use spatula to break up sausage into tiny pieces. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Leave any fat renderings in pan.
- Heat pan with the sausage renderings over medium heat. Add diced potatoes. Allow to cook 10-15 minutes until softened. Add diced peppers and increase to medium-high heat, continue to cook until potatoes are crispy, about 10 minutes. Add sausage back to pan; cook another 2-3 minutes before stirring.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Crack eggs in each quadrant of the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Place skillet in oven and bake 20 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!