Savory Baked Brie with Crispy Mushrooms
We always say yes please to cheese! Combine melty brie cheese and crispy mushrooms for the perfect winter cheese plate.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Jones of bell’alimento.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 8 ounces brie
- Toasted baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saute pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for approximately 1 minute. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and rosemary. Stir and cook until mushrooms begin to brown. Remove from heat.
- Place brie onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until warmed through and softened.
- To serve: Place brie onto serving platter. Top with mushrooms and serve with toasted baguette slices.
Take brie out of refrigerator and place on counter approximately 30 minutes PRIOR to baking.
If you like this, try these:
Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.view Recipe
This recipe provides a meat-free twist on the traditional Korean dish. Finely chopped enoki mushrooms absorb the sweet and savory flavors of the marinade and pair well with the combination sautéed greens and crisp fresh cucumber to create a filling meal.view Recipe