Savory Mushroon Tart
This recipe required no precooking of the mushrooms! Just chop, stir, and bake. Try serving these savory tarts alongside eggs for breakfast or brunch, or make them for dinner and serve them with a big, green salad. Delicious!
Recipe courtesy of Brooke Lark.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 1 ¼ cup finely chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup gouda, parmesan, or swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together mushrooms, garlic, gouda, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts, cut off the outer edges of each round to create a large square. Cut the square in half, and then slice each half into two rectangles, where one rectangle is slightly smaller than the other. Place the smaller rectangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture in a mound on top of each of the smaller rectangles of dough. Place the larger rectangles over the mushroom mixture, and use a fork to press the edges of the top and the bottom pie dough pieces together. If desired, use a knife to cut teardrop “leaves” out of the extra pie dough pieces. Brush the top of each mushroom tart with a bit of beaten egg, press leaves on top of each tart (if desired), brush again with beaten egg and bake in oven for 15-18 minutes, or just until the tarts are golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!