Silky Mushroom Fettuccine
We love using oyster mushrooms as a crispy topping over this delicate shiitake pasta. Watch the recipe video from @baileyvantassel here.
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 2 Tablespoons of butter (split)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons oyster mushrooms minced
- Fettuccine pasta
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Boil and cook pasta as you make sauce.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and oil, then add shallots until fragrant. Add shiitakes and stir until golden. Add milk and thyme, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes until combined and thickened. Add pinch of salt, then reduce heat to simmer and remove thyme. Squeeze half of a lemon into sauce.
- Add pasta into sauce, stirring until fully covered.
- Next, sauté your oyster mushrooms in some melted butter, stirring constantly until crispy, but not burnt. Add to pasta with parmesan as a crunchy topping.