Spanish Blended Burger
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 ounces lean (80/20) ground beef, chilled
10 ounces ground pork, chilled
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2/3 cup raw hazelnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup avocado oil for frying
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
3 tablespoons butter
8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup whole sweet piquante (or cherry) peppers, sliced
8 butter lettuce leaves
4 brioche buns, split and lightly toasted
- To prepare patties, heat large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and melt until sizzling. Add chopped mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and cool. Wipe out skillet and set aside to use later.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, parsley and paprika with cooled mushroom mixture, mixing gently with hands. Refrigerate until cold.
- To prepare Spanish aioli, combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, orange zest and roasted red peppers in a food processor, pulsing until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare sautéed mushrooms, place the skillet used earlier over medium-high heat, melt butter until sizzling. Add mushrooms and don’t overcrowd the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly golden. Add sherry vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- With hands, form four patties larger than the bun. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll in hazelnuts.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat avocado oil until sizzling. Cook patties on one side for 4 minutes. Flip, then cook 2 minutes, top with cheese, cover pan with lid and cook 2 more minutes or until cooked throughout (160°F).
- To assemble burgers, drizzle bottom buns with aioli. Top with sliced peppers, lettuce leaves, patty and sautéed mushrooms. Drizzle with more aioli and close with bun tops.