Spanish Blended Burger
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 ounces lean (80/20) ground beef, chilled
10 ounces ground pork, chilled
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2/3 cup raw hazelnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup avocado oil for frying
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
3 tablespoons butter
8 ounces crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup whole sweet piquante (or cherry) peppers, sliced
8 butter lettuce leaves
4 brioche buns, split and lightly toasted
- To prepare patties, heat large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and melt until sizzling. Add chopped mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and cool. Wipe out skillet and set aside to use later.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, parsley and paprika with cooled mushroom mixture, mixing gently with hands. Refrigerate until cold.
- To prepare Spanish aioli, combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, orange zest and roasted red peppers in a food processor, pulsing until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare sautéed mushrooms, place the skillet used earlier over medium-high heat, melt butter until sizzling. Add mushrooms and don’t overcrowd the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly golden. Add sherry vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- With hands, form four patties larger than the bun. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll in hazelnuts.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat avocado oil until sizzling. Cook patties on one side for 4 minutes. Flip, then cook 2 minutes, top with cheese, cover pan with lid and cook 2 more minutes or until cooked throughout (160°F).
- To assemble burgers, drizzle bottom buns with aioli. Top with sliced peppers, lettuce leaves, patty and sautéed mushrooms. Drizzle with more aioli and close with bun tops.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!