Blended Turkey Meatloaf
The secret ingredients to this classic meatloaf is the addition of finely chopped mushrooms; they make it more flavorful and moist.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, turkey, onion, seasoning, breadcrumbs and egg; mix until evenly combined. Form into lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together mustard, sugar and ketchup.
- Pour sauce over top of meatloaf, spreading until even. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 12 grams
- Sodium: 410 miligrams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Protein: 18 grams
- Cholesterol: 90 miligrams
If you like this, try these:
Make better-tasting breakfast sausage from scratch by adding the nutrition and flavor of sauteed mushrooms with this recipe from Serena Ball, MS, RD.view Recipe
Hearty mushrooms are blended with ground pork to create an easy taco filling that mimics the flavors of traditional al pastor.view Recipe
These party meatballs stay juicy by using a blend of lamb and mushrooms. Inspired by the filling of dolmas, they are loaded with aromatic fresh herbs, and rice adds tenderness to each bite. The simple dipping sauce offers a tangy twist for an appetizer that is sure to disappear quickly!view Recipe