Mighty Mushroom Lettuce Wrapped Blended Burger
- ½ pound mushrooms, crimini or white button
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg, green leaf or butter lettuce, rinsed then dried
- Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal patties.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook burger patties until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 5 minutes per side. Place cheese slices on top of each patty and cook just until melted.
- Remove patties from heat. To assemble, place tomato and onion slices on top of each patty. Top with condiments if desired. Use 2 or 3 lettuce leaves per patty and tightly wrap around each burger.
Optional toppings include: chopped pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
If you like this, try these:
Make better-tasting breakfast sausage from scratch by adding the nutrition and flavor of sauteed mushrooms with this recipe from Serena Ball, MS, RD.view Recipe
Hearty mushrooms are blended with ground pork to create an easy taco filling that mimics the flavors of traditional al pastor.view Recipe
These party meatballs stay juicy by using a blend of lamb and mushrooms. Inspired by the filling of dolmas, they are loaded with aromatic fresh herbs, and rice adds tenderness to each bite. The simple dipping sauce offers a tangy twist for an appetizer that is sure to disappear quickly!view Recipe