Mighty Mushroom Lettuce Wrapped Blended Burger
- ½ pound mushrooms, crimini or white button
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg, green leaf or butter lettuce, rinsed then dried
- Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal patties.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook burger patties until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 5 minutes per side. Place cheese slices on top of each patty and cook just until melted.
- Remove patties from heat. To assemble, place tomato and onion slices on top of each patty. Top with condiments if desired. Use 2 or 3 lettuce leaves per patty and tightly wrap around each burger.
Optional toppings include: chopped pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
If you like this, try these:
One of our most flavorful burgers yet! Combine Mexican chorizo, beef and mushrooms for an umami-packed burger.view Recipe
Put a spin on a fast food fave by incorporating a blend of ground beef and crimini mushrooms to take the flavor to the next level.
Cheesy, spicy, and savory queso using The Blend!view Recipe