Mighty Mushroom Lettuce Wrapped Blended Burger
- ½ pound mushrooms, crimini or white button
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg, green leaf or butter lettuce, rinsed then dried
- Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal patties.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook burger patties until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 5 minutes per side. Place cheese slices on top of each patty and cook just until melted.
- Remove patties from heat. To assemble, place tomato and onion slices on top of each patty. Top with condiments if desired. Use 2 or 3 lettuce leaves per patty and tightly wrap around each burger.
Optional toppings include: chopped pickles, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
If you like this, try these:
Make this Bánh Mì Blended Burger from Alison Fagan, winner of the professional category in the 2021 Food Network Blended Burger Contest.view Recipe
“Oyster mushrooms have an uncanny resemblance to chicken in taste and texture, making them perfect for this take on buffalo chicken in a burger.” – 2021 Blended Burger Contest Winner Wendy Tienview Recipe