Souvlaki-Inspired Blended Burgers
Shop for Ingredients
Make a list for the store or order online.
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (with at least 2% milk fat; do not use non-fat)
- 1/3 cup grated seedless English cucumber, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill fronds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 soft white hamburger buns, split
- 4 sliced rings red onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 16 thin slices seedless English cucumber
- 8 slices Roma tomato
- For the tzatziki sauce: Combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the burgers: Combine the pork, mushrooms, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Form into 4 equal-size patties. Pour the lemon juice and olive oil into separate shallow bowls. Dip both sides of each patty into the lemon juice, then into the olive oil to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties in the hot skillet, flipping once, until the pork is just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- For the assembly: Put 1 lettuce leaf on each bottom bun. Dollop each leaf with about 2 tablespoons tzatziki sauce (reserve the remaining sauce), then top with 1 patty and 1 red onion slice. Mix the feta into the reserved tzatziki sauce and spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons onto each burger, followed by 4 cucumber slices and 2 tomato slices. Close the burgers with the top buns. Serve immediately.