For many, fall and football season are synonymous. Fortunately, mushrooms are perfect for both. Before you pack up and head to the parking lot for your next tailgate, scan this list of commonly forgotten essentials and add a few of our best and most portable mushroom recipes to your game day menu!
Key tailgating items you might forget:
- Bluetooth speaker: Whether you’ve got the fight song playing on repeat, or today’s top hits bumping in the background, music is a must.
- Openers: Don’t let corks and caps get in the way of your festivities. Make sure you have a bottle opener, can opener and corkscrew on hand.
- Safety essentials: Get one step ahead of the mishaps by packing a first aid kit and tool kit.
- Weather gear: Sunscreen. Hats. Extra layers. Warm blankets. Rain jackets. Weather forecasts are about as reliable as referees so bring backup gear to be prepared in case weather decides to roll in.
- Clean-up necessities: Keep things clean with wet wipes, hand sanitizer, paper towels and trash bags.
Tailgate with Mushrooms: Game Day Recipes
Slow Cooker Barbecue Mushrooms
For a warm and hearty meatless option, fire up the slow cooker and simmer some mushrooms in this simple homemade barbecue sauce.
Veal Mushroom Slider
Burgers are a timeless pregame classic, but we know you’re no ordinary tailgater. Level up with these veal and mushroom sliders.
Maitake Wild Rice Salad
With tender mushrooms, nutty wild rice and crunchy walnuts, this side salad will add tasty texture to your tailgate spread. It can be served chilled or at room temperature, making it easy to pack, too!
Slow Cooker Chili
When it comes to game day grub, it doesn’t get much simpler or more satisfying than this slow cooker chili!
Mushroom and Chive Potato Salad
Set the mayo aside and try this lighter take on potato salad with a flavorful mustard and chive vinaigrette.
50/50 Blended Tacos
Set up a taco bar and let your friends draft their own lineup of toppings. No matter what they choose, this 50/50 mushroom meat blend is the winning ratio that’ll make your ground beef go further.
Love this blended recipe?
Make sure you’re signed up for our Blenditarian Enewsletter to get more recipes and tips using The Blend!