What’s Your Mushroom Madness Dream Team? 🍄🏆
As the nation’s best basketball teams face off on the court this month, we’re putting together top-notch mushroom lineups for slam-dunk recipes you can make right at home. Every mushroom variety provides a unique taste and texture. When they’re used together, the flavor possibilities are endless. Choose your Mushroom Madness dream team and cook up some high-scoring meals this March!
First, get to know the players:
- White Button: Popular among mushroom fans; mild flavor, the ultimate utility player.
- Crimini: Deep and hearty flavor; versatile, reliable playmaker.
- Portabella: Large, round caps with deep, meat-like texture and flavor; great vegetarian alternative.
- Shiitake: Flavorful stems and caps; rich and woodsy flavor once cooked with versatile uses.
- Oyster: Velvety texture and mild flavor; high-scoring addition to a wide variety of dishes.
- Enoki: Mild flavor, crunchy texture, spindly stems; great for salads, sandwiches, soups and Asian cuisine.
- Beech: Sweet and nutty flavor, crunchy texture; great for stir-fries, soups, stews and sauces.
- Maitake: Rich, woodsy taste and texture; amplifies flavor in any recipe calling for mushrooms.